Honing Performance – We give your bore the finishing touches!
Over the more than 90 years of corporate history it was and is our aim to continue to develop and to expand our range of services.
Since mid-2014 we have expanded our service options by focusing on the field of internal cylindrical honing.
As the first company in Germany we have the possibility to carry out internal cylindrical boring from Ø 4 to Ø 51 and up to a single-sided depth of 1500 mm and a two-sided depth of 3000 mm.
What is Cross Grinding?
Cross grinding is honing! With a multi-cutting grinding brick out of combined grain, material is removed under the constant contact of the surfaces of the brick grinder and workpiece.
This means: During the machining the grinding brick in the cross grinding tool is spread over the wedge or cone. The grinding grains which during the process are pressed against the drilling wall take the material out of the drill hole up to a preselected level.
This operation takes place under the constant turning and lifting movement of the cross grinding tool as well as permanent cooling and lubrication by a coolant.
How does Cross Grinding arise?
By means of an oscillating lifting movement and a superimposed turning movement of the tool and workpiece the typical crossed grinding tracks arise. The resulting cross-grinding angle can be made steeper or flatter by increasing or reducing the stroke and/or the spindle speed.
Where is Cross Grinding used?
- dimensionally and geometrically accurate drilling is required,
- a high surface quality must be generated,
- high profitability and flexibility is required.
With 888 diameters from: 1.5 -1.500
With workpiece material lengths of up to: 20.000 mm (Standard)
What Advantages does Cross-Grinding Offer?
- Easy intake of workpieces.
- Universally application from portable cross-grinding devices to cross grinding machines with automatic loading and unloading.
- Machining of workpieces with an unfavorable diameter-length ratio.
- Machining of nearly every kind of materials, eg. plastics, non-ferrous metals, all types of steel, tungsten carbide and ceramic.
- High and fast cutting performances.
- µ-exact achievement of shape and diameter tolerances also in large series.